GERMAN LAWYER / PARTNER
CERTIFIED SPECIALIST IN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
admitted to German courts since 2009
languages: German, English
Jan assists clients at all stages of the business cycle, including the foundation of emerging companies and start-ups, during the professionalization of their day-to-day operations, their growth and corporate transactions. He also has experience working as a secondee in the inhouse IP department of a global company listed in the German DAX.
In particular, clients from the industries of
- Fashion / Textile
- Medical Products
- E-commerce / Distribution
- Software Development, Project Planning & Support
- Crypto Currency (Blockchain)
- Advertising / Ad Tech / Influencer
- Content Creation
- Sweepstakes / Competitions
- Automotive Parts
instruct Jan when it comes to solving complex, legal matters.
In the JUVE handbook (2017/2018) Jan Hellenbrand is recommended for trademark and competition law („congenial and simply good”, competitor”).
Publications and Leading Decisions
- Schmoll/Graf Ballestrem/Hellenbrand/Soppe: “Dreidimensionales Drucken und die vier Dimensionen des Immaterialgüterrechts”, GRUR 2015, S. 1041 ff.
- “Bekannt ist nicht bekannt genug”, Deutscher Anwaltsspiegel 2014, S. 20 ff.
- “Startups und Markenschutz, Gamesmarkt”, 2013, Ausgabe 21, S. 18 ff.
- International Trade Mark Association (INTA)
- Deutsche Vereinigung für gewerblichen Rechtsschutz und Urheberrecht e.V. (GRUR)
- Deutscher Anwaltverein e.V. (DAV)
- Kölner Anwaltverein e.V. (KAV)